We’re hiring! Operations Manager with PPLI
Post-Primary Languages Ireland (PPLI) works to implement the policy of the Department of Education in Ireland of diversifying, enhancing and expanding the teaching of foreign languages in post-primary schools and works to implement Languages Connect – Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education 2017-2026 and Implementation Plan 2017-2022 (links to the strategy documents are available here). PPLI wishes to appoint an Operations Manager to support the role of PPLI in implementing key actions of this strategy. This is a newly created role in PPLI. Further details about PPLI and its work is available here and here.
PPLI is a diverse team of experts who successfully deliver high quality projects in the area of foreign languages education and awareness raising. PPLI is known for its professionalism, innovation, versatility, and strong work ethic. It supports a wide variety of stakeholders including government departments, education agencies, schools and teachers, and many other partners.
The post is a full-time position contracted for one year initially.
PPLI is based at The Liberty Insurance Building in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
The purpose of the job is to lead, manage and develop the operations functions of PPLI:
- Manage corporate services in PPLI including work related to financial, HR and operational matters
- Ensure excellent corporate governance in relation to implementation of codes of practice, audit, risk management, systems of control and procurement
- Managing the corporate services interface with the DE and other stakeholders and agencies
The expectations and tasks listed in the Information Booklet (linked below) summarise the responsibilities of the role.
Requirements, Skills & Competencies
- Focused specialist with a strong understanding of HR, finance, and governance.
- Degree or equivalent business experience – 8 plus years
- Experience in education sector
- Proven project management skills
- Possess a proactive and flexible approach to managing multiple activities within relevant timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to deliver work independently and as part of a team
- Enthused and self-motivated to provide strategic and tactical support to PPLI’s Director on many fronts
- Judgement, Analysis, and Decision-making
- Management and Delivery of Results
- Self-starting and self-directing
- Writing reports
- Can communicate in a foreign language
For more information on the role, see the Information Booklet here.
To apply, please fill out the Application Form here.
Application Deadline: noon, Tuesday 17th May 2022.