Post-Primary Languages Ireland would like to form a panel from which successful candidates may be appointed to the position of associate for the 2022/2023 academic year as positions arise.
Associates should be registered second-level teachers and are sought to work in areas including the following but not limited to:
- Facilitating MFL communities of practice
- Training language assistants at a group and individual level, liaising with schools and monitoring the implementation of the scheme, working with cooperating teachers.
- Acting as mentors for teachers of new languages in the regions #Attending and contributing to conferences/events organised by PPLI and/or supporting Education Officers and PPLI staff
- Promoting the work of PPLI as well as the Languages Connect awareness campaign
Interest in one or all the following areas is an advantage:
- Digital technology
- Interculturalism and multilingualism
Support and training will be provided for the above.
The appointment is for one academic year and associates may have to reinterview after each year.
Range of knowledge, experience and skills required:
The most important area of expertise required is in MFL pedagogy. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate in-depth and up-to-date knowledge and experience in this area. In addition to this, the successful candidate will have expertise in the following areas:
- experience in supporting teachers
- thorough knowledge of the education system generally and an in-depth knowledge of the curriculum at post-primary level
- familiarity with Languages Connect Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education
- capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- excellent organisational, management and ICT skills
- flexibility to meet the needs of PPLI, including a willingness to engage in travel and/or weekend and evening work as necessary.
- own means of transport with full and clean driving license
The online application form should be completed by 12pm on April 28th, 2022 at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PPLIAssociates_20222023
Shortlisting may apply and interviews will be held from May 9th online.
Notes for Applicants
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Receipt of completed application forms will be acknowledged.
- If you have a disability which requires reasonable adjustments at the selection interview, or which needs to be taken into account when considering your application, please let us know.
- Post-Primary Languages Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- Public service payment, travel and subsistence rates will apply and will be calculated from your local education centre.
For any queries, please contact: Sandrine Pac-Kenny at: firstname.lastname@example.org