Languages Connect Summit - Saturday 14 October 2023
In collaboration with the Department of Education, Oide, COGG, Léargas, teacher and HEI colleagues as well as a diverse range of associated stakeholders, Post-Primary Languages Ireland is delighted to announce the opening of registration for the Languages Connect Summit.
The Languages Connect Summit is a celebration of language teaching and learning and provides an opportunity for language teachers and stakeholders to collaborate with an expansive network of MFL representatives and learn new skills and strategies through diverse and innovative workshops.
Taking place on 14 October at the Convention Centre Dublin, the summit is part of the delivery of Languages Connect; Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education 2017 – 2026 and will inspire the future of language teaching and learning in Ireland.
Celebration | Collaboration | Diversification | Inclusion | Innovation | Inspiration
Why should you attend?
– Be part of the largest event ever held for language teachers in Ireland
– Choose from fifty-four workshops: learn from teacher colleagues, Department of Education agencies, and international experts
– Learn how to support and enhance your practice in school and gain tools to assist with increasing the profile of languages in your school
– Hear from keynote speakers presenting innovative content relevant to today’s context
– Network with your peers from across the language education and teaching community
– Destress in a keynote session from author and broadcaster Dermot Whelan addressing the importance of wellbeing for all
– Engage with a variety of stakeholders at the exhibition
Discover the full programme here.
All attendees will be required to register and choose workshops in advance.
This is a free event, however as spaces are limited, we do require a refundable deposit on registration. The deposit will be refunded after your attendance on the day.
Click here for more info.