We’re hiring! Marketing and Social Media Coordinator role with Languages Connect/PPLI
Post-Primary Languages Ireland (PPLI) works to implement the foreign languages strategy of the Department of Education and Skills in Ireland by diversifying, enhancing and expanding the teaching of foreign languages in post-primary schools. PPLI wishes to appoint a Marketing and Social Media Co-ordinator to support the implementation of this strategy. Further details about PPLI and its work is available at www.ppli.ie and the awareness raising campaign website www.languagesconnect.ie. The Languages Connect Awareness Raising campaign, facilitated by PPLI, aims to promote the personal, social, professional and economic benefits of foreign language learning.
We are an enthusiastic and hard-working team of education and marketing professionals who manage a wide-range of events, campaigns and resources for students, parents, teachers, guidance counsellors and principals and work with third-level institutions to help promote the benefits of foreign language skills. This successful candidate will help the marketing team coordinate and implement a busy, but varied and interesting Social Media content Calendar.
The post is a full-time position on a one year fixed-term contract reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
PPLI is based at The Liberty Insurance Building in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. The role may involve some remote working in line with current Covid regulations.
The duties of the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting a variety of marketing, social media and event projects
• Liaising with graphic designers, copywriters, agencies, video companies, photographers and education stakeholders
• Online content creation – graphics, videos, blog posts, website updates
• Managing the PPLI/Languages Connect social media content calendar
• Community management of Languages Connect social media accounts
• Briefing marketing, digital media and events companies and ongoing project management of campaigns/events
• Designing and managing online registration forms and guest lists
• Organising the delivery of posters, banners, merchandise and brochures to event venues/schools
• Working with the PPLI team to help them with branding, promotion, literature and event PR, online and social media updates
• Coordinating Student Language Ambassador team
• Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Director of PPLI
The above listed expectations and tasks are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field i.e. Digital Media, Marketing
• 3+ years previous experience in marketing or social media management
• Proven track record in coordination of successful, fun and engaging campaigns and events
• Competence in a second language (in addition to English/Irish) is required
• Budget management
• Previous experience in the education sector is desirable
• High level of IT proficiency and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
• Be eligible to work in Ireland
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent Organisational Skills
• Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills
• Teamwork and working on own initiative
• People management
• Analysis & Decision Making
• Delivery of Results, on time, within budget and sometimes under tight deadlines
• Foreign Languages Knowledge and Expertise
• Drive & Commitment to Promoting Foreign Languages
For more information on the role, see the Information Booklet here.
To apply, please fill out the Application Form here.
Application Deadline: 5pm, Friday 7th January 2022.