PPLI is happy to announce that applications are being accepted for the role of a Primary Languages Project Co-ordinator (Executive Officer) to support the implementation of Languages Connect – Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education 2017-2026 and Implementation Plan 2017-2022.
The Executive Officer will be particularly involved in the implementation by PPLI of a new Department of Education initiative to provide a taster module in foreign languages and ISL in primary schools.
The post is a full-time position on a one year fixed-term contract.
The duties of the Executive Officer will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing operational systems for the delivery of foreign languages and ISL in primary schools
- Acting as a contact person with operational duties for the project
- Promoting and disseminating the work of the project
- Liaising with relevant education sector stakeholders
- Carrying out duties involving organisational and administrative tasks
- Supporting all team members as needed
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Director of PPLI
The above listed expectations and tasks are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience in a role in which you have demonstrated the required competencies including organisational skills and delivery of results, ability to analyse information and present it clearly, and making recommendations and decision making
- Provide support with relevant financial matters to accounts department
- Competence in a second language (in addition to English/Irish)
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Previous experience in the education sector
- High level of digital literacy and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Be eligible to work in Ireland
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Teamwork and working independently
- People management
- Analysis & Decision Making
- Delivery of Results, on time, within budget and sometimes under tight deadlines and high pressure
- Foreign Languages Knowledge and Expertise
- Drive & Commitment to Promoting Foreign Languages
Please download the Information Booklet.
Application Form must be fully completed at the following link.
Application Deadline: noon, 16th June 2021