PPLI works to implement the foreign languages strategy of the Department of Education by diversifying, enhancing, and expanding the teaching of foreign languages in Ireland. The Languages Connect Awareness Raising campaign, facilitated by PPLI, aims to promote the personal, social, professional, and economic benefits of foreign language skills. Further details about PPLI are available on both our websites.
Post-Primary Languages Ireland (PPLI) is a diverse team of experts who successfully deliver high quality projects in foreign languages education and awareness raising. We support a wide variety of stakeholders including government departments, education agencies, schools and teachers, and many other partners.
We wish to appoint a Marketing and Communications Officer to support the implementation of the strategy and awareness raising campaign. The post is a full-time position on a one year fixed-term contract. A six-month probationary period will apply.
This role is responsible for promotion and awareness raising programmes, and delivering on key objectives of Languages Connect, Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education 2017-2026 which includes campaigns and events for teachers, students, principals, guidance counsellors and various other key stakeholders. The post holder will support the Marketing and Communications Manager and wider PPLI team.
The duties of the Communications Officer will include the following:
• Create, implement, and track integrated communications campaigns for the Languages Connect awareness raising campaign
• Work with educational, cultural and industry partners to create effective co-operative promotional campaigns and events.
• Coordinate the campaign to promote languages at primary school level and build awareness around the Say ‘Yes’ to Languages Primary Sampler Modules.
• Coordinate elements of #ThinkLanguages, our flagship National Transition Year Event, working with the wider PPLI team, external agencies, and stakeholders.
• Develop, implement, and disseminate a range of communications and promotional supports for schools, teachers, and students to become language champions.
• Brief and oversee the work of external agencies, such as designers, videographers, photographers, digital specialists, and printers, etc.
• Create and curate content and manage updates on Languages Connect website and social media.
• Work with the wider team to ensure consistent brand identity and best practice is used across all communication channels.
• Manage external educational events and promotional opportunities.
• Manage the language ambassador team at events and online promotional opportunities.
• Write, edit, and proofread copy for promotional materials for online and print material.
• Keep up to date on current trends in marketing, communications, and social media.
• Work within a budget and ensure that all procurement requirements are adhered to.
The above listed expectations and tasks are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field i.e. PR, Marketing
• 5+ years previous experience in marketing, event management or social media management
• Proven track record in coordination of successful, fun and engaging campaigns and events
• Competence in a second language (in addition to English/Irish) is desirable
• Budget management
• Previous experience in the education sector is desirable
• High level of IT proficiency and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
• Be eligible to work in Ireland
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent Organisational Skills
• Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills
• Team Leadership
• Judgement, Analysis & Decision Making
• Management & Delivery of Results
• Interpersonal & Communication Skills
• Marketing & Communications Knowledge and Expertise
• Drive & Commitment to Promoting Foreign Languages
Information booklet is available here.
Application Form must be fully completed here.
Application Deadline: Friday 27th May 2022, 12 noon.