¡Castilla y León es de película!
The Post-Primary Languages Initiative in collaboration with the Consejería de Educación de la Embajada de España en Dublin is delighted to announce its annual competition for 5th year students of Spanish. La Junta de Castilla y León and the Spanish Tourist Office in Dublin are sponsoring the competition
Create a 1 to 2 minute long film set in Castilla y León. The short film should be your own adaptation of any existing movie or TV series. The film should include both narration and dialogue in Spanish
1st prize: 3 scholarships to cover the cost of flights, accommodation and language school for a week in Castilla y León during the summer of 2017 for 2 students and their teacher
2nd and 3rd prize: 3 scholarships each to cover the cost of a one week language course and accommodation for 2 students and their teacher during the summer of 2017
Guidelines and resources
It is important that your production has the feeling of a real short film. Here you will find some tips to help you: We suggest these easy steps to produce your video:
1. Get your partner and have a planning session.
2. Do your research
3. Decide who will do what
4. Prepare the storyboard
5. These are some sites that will help you: http://www.storyboardthat.com/ Tutorial on Movie Maker or iMovie . You will find some general advice here. Do have a look because you will find tips and ideas that will enhance your video. You can use images from the Junta de Castilla Y León website for your video
6. Shoot the video using a camera, a smartphone or a webcam. Take lots of footage, you can always cut later
7. Consider using a microphone for better sound quality and be mindful of background noise
8. You can insert videos and audio files into your own clip
9. Edit the video (cut the parts you do not like, add the sound, include credits)
10. Once you are happy with the results, upload the video to the Post-Primary Languages Ireland Facebook page www.facebook.com/LanguagesIreland and Like the Spanish Tourist Office in Dublin Page https://www.facebook.com/spain.info.ie
Your film will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Adherence to guidelines (does the video follow time and presentation guidelines?)
- Creativity (is the video original? Do we want to see more?)
- Use of language (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and fluency)
- Production (the film is well planned, sound and image quality are good)
- Entries must be embedded on the Post -Primary Languages Initiative Facebook page before the 27th of March 2017 on the Post-Primary Languages Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/LanguagesInitiative
- Entries should be prepared by teams of 2 students and not exceed 2 minutes of duration, including credits.
- Videos should contain the name of the authors and the school name, town and county
- All music and images used must be credited/acknowledged. We suggest you use copyright free music, or simply play yourself! It is the entrant’s responsibility that the film does not infringe copyright
- The jurors’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The jury will select the best videos based on their creativity, final production, and content
By entering the competition the entrants agree to abide by the rules. The entrant retains copyright over their original work, but by uploading a video, the entrant grants permission to the Post-Primary Languages Initiative to use for mash-ups, instructional purposes, promotional material or as examples of exemplary learning. Users who abuse the messaging system as a way to request “likes” for their video will be disqualified. This is against Post-Primary Languages Initiative policy.
Further information is available from: email@example.com or 01-8057794