This is a strategy to prepare students doing role plays.
- Prepare a sample dialogue based on the roleplay.
- Cut each sentence up and put each cut-up sentence into a separate envelope. You might want to have sentences with blanks in them to make students reflect a bit more.
- Split the class into pairs. Each member of the pair must work with his/her partner. They must imagine they are joint to the hip. The point being that they must do everything together as a team.
- Place the envelopes (with the cut up sentences taken from the role play dialogue) on desks throughout the room.
- The pairs of students go around to the envelopes and put the cut up words in the correct order to make a sentence, they then write the sentence down on their forms and move onto the next sentence.
- The pair who wins is the pair who unscramble all the sentences and put the sentences on their forms into the correct order for the dialogue