Our News & Articles
PPLI is happy to announce that applications are being accepted for the role of a Clerical Officer to support the implementation of Languages Connect – Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education 2017-2026 and Implementation Plan 2017-2022, diversifying, enhancing and expanding the teaching of foreign languages in post-primary schools.
We are an enthusiastic and hard-working team of Education, Operations and Marketing professionals who manage a wide-range of events, campaigns and resources for students, parents, teachers, guidance counsellors, principals and third-level institutions to help promote the benefits of foreign language skills.
The duties of the Clerical Officer will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Carry out operational and administrative duties as a member of the Operations team
• Provide administrative and operational support to the Director and the PPLI team
• Administer various schemes PPLI manages or is involved with, including duties such as correspondence, registration, venue bookings, mailings, payments, queries and matters arising
• Arrange materials and deliveries for events
• Assist administering PPLI Saturday schools including registration, communication with parents/students and teachers, liaising with venue providers and handling matters arising
• Process queries from the public in a speedy and thorough manner and follow up with mailings or other actions as needed
• Assist in processing financial tasks as requested
• Administer PPLI records and files
• Administer information relating to PPLI activities such as collating data, registration of students, creating registration forms
• Arrange and track postal and delivery services as needed
• Maintain data management, office systems including filing, storeroom stock, purchasing of office and other materials
• Coordinate issues that arise related to the management of the office facilities, liaise with third party providers to resolve issues and ensure records of repairs/maintenance are kept up to date
• Handle telephone calls, enquiries and requests from both PPLI employees and the public, providing them with appropriate responses or directing them to the relevant person
• Organise meetings / training and book venues, ensuring that these are equipped with necessary documentation, equipment and refreshments.
The role is a full-time position on a one year fixed-term contract reporting to the Operations Manager.
PPLI is based at The Liberty Insurance Building in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
For more information on the role, see the Information Booklet here.
To apply, please fill out the Application Form here.
Application Deadline: 5pm, Thursday 16th March 2023.